Whether you are local to Eastwood, live elsewhere in the UK, or live overseas, you can benefit from membership of the Society. As a member you will:
- Receive the Society’s Newsletter twice a year. This includes news of publications and events, report on Society meetings, reviews of performances of Lawrence’s plays and new adaptations of his works, plus articles on other Lawrence-related matters,
- Receive the Society’s annual journal, the “Journal of D. H. Lawrence Studies”. This fully-refereed publication includes biographical and critical articles on all aspects of Lawrence’s work, as well as book reviews and reports on significant developmemts in Lawrence scholarship. It also prints newly-discovered letters to and from Lawrence unavailable to the editors of the eight volumes of the Cambridge University Press “Letters”.
- Be invited to attend the Society’s monthly meetings, held in Eastwood between September and and July. These involve a lecture on a literary, biographical or historical aspect of Lawrence’s work. In the summer there are outings to locations associated with Lawrence, such as Lincoln, Southwell, Renishaw, Nottingham and Mablethorpe.
To join, send us an email or letter to one of the addresses below stating:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
By email to: email@example.com
Or by post to: Ms Sheila Bamford, 35 West Avenue, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3JA
Annual membership fees are:
- UK membership: £18
- Concessions: £16
- International membership: £20
You can pay by bank transfer to:
- Name: The DH Lawrence Society
- Account number: 13083060
- Sort code: 772205
- IBAN: GB42LOYD77220513083060
- SWIFT: LOYDGB21A48
Or by cheque or postal order addressed to “The DH Lawrence Society”.